Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) (Oracle 11g with Form 6i / Form 10g)
Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #488782] Tue, 11 January 2011 02:44 Go to next message
sohailmoon
//To load an image from the Hard Disk
//Level : Item
//Type : Trigger
//Name : When Button Pressed
Declare
dirname varchar2(25);
v_filename varchar2(25);
Begin
tool_env.getvar('DEMO20',dirname);
dirname:=dirname ||'\bin\bmp';
v_filename:=get_file_name(dirname,NULL,
'All Files (*.*) | *.* |' ||
'JPEG Files (*.jpg) |*.jpg|' ||
'Bitmap Files (*.bmp) |*.bmp|' ||
'TIFF Files (*.tif) |*.tif|' ||
'CompuServe Files (*.gif) |*.gif|' ||
'PC PaintBursh Files (*.pcx) |*.pcx|' ) ;
if v_filename IS NOT NULL Then
read_image_file(v_filename,'any','pic');
end if;
end;
-----------------------------------------
Now what should be the code to store this image from the image box inside the database???

I done a lot of time with Oracle Data Base 11g with the Form Builder 6i and 10g but all in vain . No image store inside the database but browse button work well.

Looking for solution,
Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #489423 is a reply to message #488782] Sun, 16 January 2011 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marwanoussir
are you sure 'pic' was image item and database item
Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #491054 is a reply to message #489423] Fri, 28 January 2011 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
have u solved your problem
have u made your image item as database item

create table abc(img_itm long raw);

despite this if not cleared tell me i would send u the .fmb file

thanks
Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #492030 is a reply to message #491054] Sat, 29 January 2011 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samssams2006
Hi,
Quote:

despite this if not cleared tell me i would send u the .fmb file

Could you please attached .fmb file for all new developers which they 've images storage problem.

Regards,

Sams
Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #492364 is a reply to message #492030] Sun, 30 January 2011 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
sure why not remember image item should must be database item as i explained u in my previuos mail

thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2011 05:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #492365 is a reply to message #492364] Sun, 30 January 2011 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samssams2006
Thank you Mr.Owais.

Could you please let me know about how much Image size is best for database storage.

Regards,
Sams
Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #492370 is a reply to message #492365] Sun, 30 January 2011 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samssams2006
One more question - When I query the saved Images System take too much time for query.Please suggest.

Regards,
Sams
Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #492371 is a reply to message #492370] Sun, 30 January 2011 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba
sure & and dont feel hasitate for further question.

DATA TYPE :SYNTAX ORACLE 9i :ORACLE 10g :Oracle 11g

LONG RAW :Maximum size of 2GB.:Maximum size of 2GB.:Maximum size of 2GB.

Explanation(if applicable):-
Variable-length binary strings. (backward compatible)

BLOB :Store up to 4GB of binary data :Store up to(4
gigabytes -1)*(the value of the CHUNK
parameter of LOB storage).

Store up to (4 gigabytes -1)
*(the value of the CHUNK parameter
of LOB storage).

Stores unstructured binary large objects.

CLOB :Store up to 4GB of character data :
Store up to (4 gigabytes-1)*
(the value of the CHUNK parameter of LOB storage)
of character data.

Store up to (4 gigabytes -1)*
(the value of the CHUNK parameter
of LOB storage) of character data.

Stores single-byte and multi-byte character data.

i hope u got everything

thanks

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2011 08:55]

Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #492387 is a reply to message #492370] Sun, 30 January 2011 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owais_baba

sure dear

my question is to you which version of database are you using
2nd are you accessing or saving data from client side i meant to say are you on LAN/WAN if yes what is your server and your system configuration. and who has designed your database. it should not be happened let me give u some Tips.

most websites, content is stored in a database and served to visitors upon request. Databases are very fast, but there's lots of things that you can do to enhance its speed and make sure you won't waste any server resources. In this article.

This first tip may seems obvious, but the fact is that most database problems come from badly-designed table structure.
For example, I have seen people storing information such as client info and image info in the same database column. For both the database system and developers who will have to work on it, this is not a good thing.
When creating a database, always put information on various tables, use clear naming standards and make use of primary keys.

Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #598952 is a reply to message #492387] Sun, 20 October 2013 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awais.salam.gill
dear sir your post is awesome I want to ask how recall data in form i am beginner want to ask how to call from database thanks in advance
Re: Want to Store Images inside Database (merged) [message #598986 is a reply to message #598952] Mon, 21 October 2013 04:17 Go to previous message
mughals_king
Dear what is your question??????? what do you mean by recall, once you have saved image in database after that in form view image---simple

EXECUTE_QUERY;

or your question is how to call table data by using form6i or other version

Regard
mughal

[Updated on: Mon, 21 October 2013 04:24]

Previous Topic: How to send sms to mobile device using oracle form 6i
Next Topic: How can i know what records are showed in data_block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 11:07:31 CDT 2024