Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Windows XP
Windows XP [message #52650] Mon, 05 August 2002 02:33 Go to next message
Dik
Hi,
I would like to know if Oracle client works on Windows XP?
Thanks
Re: Windows XP [message #52651 is a reply to message #52650] Mon, 05 August 2002 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Urff
Hi Dik,

Overhere we managed to get the oracle client software (forms50, reports30 etc.) running on an XP machine.
If it wont install on the machine try installing it on an win98 machine, then copy the oracle directory containing the client software to the XP-machine, as well as the part of the registry that contains the oracle client settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREORACLE
export the entire oracle folder and import it on XP
dont forget to backup your XP machine's registry!!!

Another option is the compatibility function under XP.
If you emulate windows 2000 or 98 it should work.
I havent had a chance to really test it, but our oracle-based applications work under XP after performing the actions as described above.

Greetings,

Robin
Re: Windows XP [message #52669 is a reply to message #52650] Mon, 05 August 2002 22:32 Go to previous message
Maaher
I run Developer 6i (Forms and Reports, JDeveloper and Oracle 8.1.7 Personal Edition (with all associated: OEM, SQL*Plus,...) on My winXP (home edition!) box. I didn't encounter much problems (The Universal Installer once crashed, but it did also when I was still running WinNT.

Anyway, It runs quite well actually, though the Home Edition isn't supported by Oracle.

Maaher
Previous Topic: temporary tablespace size
Next Topic: Unnecessary Indices
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:23:35 CDT 2024