Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » system/manager as sysdba
system/manager as sysdba [message #53464] Mon, 23 September 2002 03:27 Go to next message
lng
Hi,
I have 9i on win 2k.I have two problems..
first is ..i am unable to connect as system/manager as sysdba..while i configured d/b with db config asst.i have unlocked all pwd's and etc..but could not conn as sysdba..it is saying insufficient privileges. but i could connect as sys/change_on_install.
second is created oms.discovered nodes too..but icould not see database in the tree of the oem. what is the problem.
I am really in urgency..kindly help me soon
Sincere Regards
Madhavi
Re: system/manager as sysdba [message #53474 is a reply to message #53464] Mon, 23 September 2002 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gilson Sirvas
if you want to connect as sysdba you must connect as sys, systems doesn't have sysdba privilege it has sysoper privilege
Re: system/manager as sysdba [message #53490 is a reply to message #53464] Mon, 23 September 2002 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.K. Raj kumar
Hello,

You connect as sys and alter the user system and reset its password.
Re: system/manager as sysdba [message #57279 is a reply to message #53490] Mon, 02 June 2003 06:36 Go to previous message
Jeffrey Arne Yap
I have a similar problem but not quite the same. I can login using system/manager using SQL+... however, I cannot login using sys, sysdba, or sysop, which are accessed using the sys account. even using the default password change_on_install does not work and using alter user to change the password seems to have no effect. I only get the message "invalid login". How do I get the password so I can login as sysdba?
Previous Topic: ORA-29532 when creating a new database using DBCA
Next Topic: ORACLE and UTF8 (cyrillic data)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:19:01 CDT 2024