Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle database not available
oracle database not available [message #53708] Sun, 06 October 2002 22:39 Go to next message
HueJB
Hie

I am using Oracle8 as a resident database for some application X. Recently I made a backup of Oracle8 databse before trying an upgrade of application X. The upgrade consists of three phases. The first two do not in anyway affect oracle, we learnt this from our consultant of application X. But the last one is supposed to change the database structures. After I encountered some problems in this last step (modification of the database),I restored the Oracle database from my backup. On trying to run my application, I get an Oracle Server error message that Oracle is not available. Can you help on this please?

Regards

Huejb
Re: oracle database not available [message #53715 is a reply to message #53708] Mon, 07 October 2002 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
????

Database may be not started ... or the application can't connect it ...
Try to connect using sqlplus ... if U can see Ur application else look at the error ... and post it
Re: oracle database not available [message #56075 is a reply to message #53715] Wed, 05 March 2003 04:16 Go to previous message
juris
hi!
I instaled Oracle 8i on Windows 98 platform.
it`s ok till i restart my computer.
when pc restarts i cant enymore get in database.

some told me that oracle db is not started, there fore i cant get into it.

do you know how to start oracle db every time my pc starts?

thanks.
j..
Previous Topic: can`t SETUP oracle8i on win2000 server
Next Topic: 9i Installation - attention Mahesh Rajendran
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:24:09 CDT 2024