Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Database Recovery question.
Database Recovery question. [message #53788] Thu, 10 October 2002 23:50 Go to next message
Lusiana Lusiana
Hi,

I have the following situation and was wondering if
anyone could advise me whether db restore possible.

My database contains 7 tablespaces, including 2 that contains user's data
(tablespaces mydata and myindex).

Time 1: Hot backup was performed.
Time 2: Hot backup was performed, but some archive log were lost from this backup set.
Time 3: Hot backup was performed.

I would like to restore the user's data to Time 1, or just after that.

I tried doing db restore using all the datafiles & controlfiles backed up at Time 1.
This failed, with system tablespaces needing more recovery, and the archive files required
for this recovery are the ones that were lost from Time 2 backup.

Would I be able to restore user's data back to Time 1, by restoring just the two tablespaces
mydata and myindex using their datafiles from backup at Time 1?

Thank you in advance,

Lucy
Re: Database Recovery question. [message #53827 is a reply to message #53788] Mon, 14 October 2002 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
U don't understand how it works ! No, U can't
Because all the file must be coherent. The SCN of all files must be coherent.

All Ur datafile must be restore from TIME1 and U can restore ALL Ur datafile just after that.

Or U can rebuild a new database with TIME1... Export SCHEMA needed... ( save the original database ), drop SCHEMA U want to restore, recreate account, and import SCHEMA.
Re: Database Recovery question. [message #53846 is a reply to message #53827] Mon, 14 October 2002 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lusiana Lusiana
Thanks for the reply.
Re: Database Recovery question. [message #54708 is a reply to message #53788] Fri, 29 November 2002 15:06 Go to previous message
Virginia Morelli
Soy chilena, mi abuelo Carlo Morelli Lavezzi nacio en lusiana y no puedo consaeguir que alguien me ayude a encontrar sus papeles ya que nacio en noviembre de 1887
Si me pueden ayudar se los agradezco

www.geocities.com/vachinia es la pagina de los Morelli en Chile
Previous Topic: stored procedures and triggers
Next Topic: Oracle Instance Termination
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:42:09 CDT 2024