Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Don't know what is my connection identifier?
Don't know what is my connection identifier? [message #54766] Wed, 04 December 2002 01:42 Go to next message
Alex To
Hi all,
I'm a beginner of Oracle9i. After typing username and passwd, i use my SID as connection identifier in isqlplus, but it said can't recognize the service name, can anyone tell me what is my connection identifier?

i'm badly needed to use isqlplus doing practice, so please help me, THANK YOU VERY MUCH ^_^
Re: Don't know what is my connection identifier? [message #54769 is a reply to message #54766] Wed, 04 December 2002 05:09 Go to previous message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Hi, if the database is installed in the same machine, then u can simply provide the username and password thats it..in case of remote database accessing, try using the net 8 to configure a conn identifier by providing the details like Database name, server name, Port etc., If it is allready done, u can get the service name from a file called TNSNAMES.ORA

sai
Previous Topic: user sys to query tables created by other user.
Next Topic: Difference between Session and Instance???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:27:33 CDT 2024