Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » regarding error in windows2000 .. still not solved
regarding error in windows2000 .. still not solved [message #55138] Tue, 07 January 2003 00:32 Go to next message
konkinui
Mr Maheer(u have replied to my earlier query)
Iam getting this 2147467259 Error in ofcourse using Microsoft OLEDB(using MSDAORA.1) -- Oracle error occurred, but error could not be retrieved from Oracle, ALSO THIS WORKS FINE SOME TIMES AND SOMETIME IT DOESNT WORK. This i am getting after when i am working with a VB6 .exe application and getting connected to Oracle8.1.5 database through it. My machine is Win2000server/VB6/Oracle8i but on other machines where i have Win95/98/NT4 those applications are working fine all the time, all the way. But on windows 2000 server it doesnt work always ..but works only sometimes.. Hope this information is enuff to explain our problem .. For more details u can as well mail me plz.
Re: regarding error in windows2000 .. still not solved [message #55141 is a reply to message #55138] Tue, 07 January 2003 02:56 Go to previous message
Maaher
Unfortunately, I far from an expert in this matter, so I can only give you some basic advise:
check the support sites from MS and Oracle (metalink.oracle.com, you'll need an Oracle support id for that) and search for similar cases.
If you are using a stored procedure within a package with more than 50 output parameters, I can refer to the following article.

But why don't you install the Oracle provider for OLE DB and test with that?

Most of all: check what differences there are between the W2K client software and the other client software, it might be a version specific issue.

MHE
Previous Topic: PL/SQL TABLE
Next Topic: Migrating Data from SQL SERVER 7 to ORACLE 8i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:35:38 CDT 2024