Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » very urgent linstner problem
very urgent linstner problem [message #55151] Wed, 08 January 2003 00:06 Go to next message
shailendra
Hi Friends

I need your urgent help
I made some changes in listener.ora file I have stop the listener and restart it but the changes are not reflecting do I need to restart the database or not?

Thanks and hoping helpfull and frequently reply
Shailendra
Re: very urgent linstner problem [message #55155 is a reply to message #55151] Wed, 08 January 2003 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
psmyth
no you don't need to restart the database.

I suspect you have edited a listener.ora file that is not referenced by the listener you have restarted.

run lsnrctl status and check the value for 'Listener Parameter File' - make sure this is the same as the file you edited.

Hope that helps.
Re: very urgent linstner problem [message #55158 is a reply to message #55151] Wed, 08 January 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
after doing the changes to listener.ora , you have to reload it.
lsnrctl reload
lsnrctl stop
lsnrctl start

Re: very urgent linstner problem [message #55161 is a reply to message #55158] Wed, 08 January 2003 05:17 Go to previous message
psmyth
not sure that reloading the listener is critical. I was under the impression that if you stop it and start it, it will read the listener.ora file. If you want to enable new parameters without stopping the listener, then use reload, which avoids having to stop it.
Previous Topic: operfdll.dll ?
Next Topic: Who give me a create database script file sample?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:53:35 CDT 2024