Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Staring an Oracle Instance in 7.3
Staring an Oracle Instance in 7.3 [message #55204] Fri, 10 January 2003 10:01 Go to next message
Carlos Olmeda
Good Morning,
Oracle newbie, I am trying to create a database in Oracle 7.3.4 for NT server. I have created the services in NT service manager. I have also created the ini.ora files and have the create database script. After loggin into svrmgr and connecting internal, I try to startup nomount P etc....however I cannot run the script to create the database. Im sure I missed something. Can someone provide information as to what I may be doing wrong or with some procedures to follow?. Thank You. The help is greatly appreciated.
Re: Staring an Oracle Instance in 7.3 [message #55208 is a reply to message #55204] Fri, 10 January 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyanarayana reddy
Are Y following this way
Svrmgr>Startup nomount pfile='full path of the init.ora file
svrmgrl>run the script
svrmgrl>alter database open
hope this works

Cheers
satyanarayana reddy
Re: Staring an Oracle Instance in 7.3 [message #55213 is a reply to message #55204] Fri, 10 January 2003 15:56 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
What are those errors?
Did you STARTUP NOMOUNT successfuly?

If you did so - show us your create db scripts, and also the init.ora file you are using. W/o this information it' shard to give whatever recommendations..

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Most often used tables??
Next Topic: DB login problems, win2000 domain, terminal server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:33:36 CDT 2024