Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Deleting Instances
Deleting Instances [message #55258] Tue, 14 January 2003 13:21 Go to next message
Carlos Olmeda
Good Afternoon,
I am currently running Oracle 7.3. NT (Server) with service pack 6. I am trying to create a database and after trying to run the script, I keep recieving the 0ra-0600 error message. After looking at some documentation, I am trying to uninstall and reinstall the software. however I am unable to delete the services I created, I recieve an Ora-00313, 00312 error when trying to delete the services in the NT Instance Manager. Also the software does not want to de-install and ask for me to terminate SQL sessions.
Can anyone provide assistance or guidance as to how I should approach this?.

Thank You
Carlos Olmeda
Re: Deleting Instances [message #55261 is a reply to message #55258] Tue, 14 January 2003 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
simplest method is
1. use dbca to remove the databases.
2. remove all references in env variable for the old SID.
3. use oracle universal installer to remove / uninstall all the oracle software.

Re: Deleting Instances [message #55281 is a reply to message #55258] Wed, 15 January 2003 12:00 Go to previous message
Thomas Anderson
First stop the Services, then try to delete them. Use oradim from the MS-DOS prompt to delete services:

c:>oradim -delete -srvc service_name
(c:>oradim - will give you the option's help)

Then remove the db datafiles, control files, etc. And the last thing to clean is the registry. The procedure is described - Here

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: recovery
Next Topic: Shared Memory Process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:33:33 CDT 2024