Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » need an urgent solution
need an urgent solution [message #55378] Tue, 21 January 2003 15:41 Go to next message
pavani
hi i'm having a package consisting of functions and those are really big having nearly 1900 lines and my problem is it's taking a lot of time so how can i reduce time.........
basically it's having cursors ,updates,inserts and i'm using advanced pl/sql too..........
so how can i get rid of this time
any help is apreciated
thanks
it's taking long time plzz..........help me [message #55398 is a reply to message #55378] Wed, 22 January 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pavani
hi i'm having a package consisting of functions and those are really big having nearly 1900 lines and my problem is it's taking a lot of time so how can i reduce time.........
basically it's having cursors ,updates,inserts and i'm using advanced pl/sql too..........
so how can i get rid of this time
any help is apreciated
thanks
Re: it's taking long time plzz..........help me [message #55411 is a reply to message #55378] Thu, 23 January 2003 05:33 Go to previous message
Manish Deshmukh
Sir,
You can use frquent commits in between ur package
body,as u are using cursors it is very important that
u use frequent commits to release the memory,also after
insertions also commits can help in improving the performance.Another thing that u check for the joins
used in ur queries,whether they are proper.Also create indexes on the tables which u are using in ur pl/sqls
I think this will increse ur performance quiet a lot.
Regards
Manish Deshmukh
Previous Topic: ORA-06553 - PLS-213 : Package Standard not Accessible.
Next Topic: Error didnĀ“t appear on Alert.Log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:48:35 CDT 2024