Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problems with Datafile
Problems with Datafile [message #55759] Fri, 14 February 2003 00:17 Go to next message
Vijay Singh Shekhawat
I want to remove 3 datafiles named MISSING00017 etc from my DB. I have tried to recreate the controlfile after removing these file names. It works in mount mode but as soon as I open the DB, I the V$DATAFILE again shows me these three files.
Re: Problems with Datafile [message #55766 is a reply to message #55759] Fri, 14 February 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remi
Hi Vijay

Are you running Oracle 9i FIRST release. I have seen this bug in Oracle 9i first release when using Oracle Managed Files.

Remi

http://ora-0000.com
Re: Problems with Datafile [message #55788 is a reply to message #55759] Sun, 16 February 2003 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olamide
Remi while dont you try the method of multiplexing your control file before shuting down your database and then open your database in mount state,check the v$datafile and when you've seen whats up you can then open your database.Please make sure you check your alartsid.log to know if you have other problems first.
Re: Problems with Datafile [message #55844 is a reply to message #55759] Thu, 20 February 2003 00:26 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
You can use this command:

SQL>ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'path/datafilename.dbf' OFFLINE DROP;

This will take the datafiles offline, but you still need them. If you delete then - Oracle will comlain that they are missing. To eliminate them completely you have to export the tablespace (in 9i there's such option), drop the tablespace, recreate it and then import the data back.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: What's the definition for Oracle?
Next Topic: How to see if a patch is installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:58:04 CDT 2024