Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Reset sys or internal password
Reset sys or internal password [message #57325] Thu, 05 June 2003 18:35 Go to next message
Maggie
Oracle Platform:
Win NT 4 with Oracle 8.02

My client lost sys/internal password or any login/password with DBA privilege. They only have NT administrator account for that server, which do not have access to that oracle database. They also have two end user accounts which do not sufficient privilege to perform any DBA function. They need to shutdown the instance to perform the cold backup. Is there any way I can reset sys or internal password in order to shutdown database?

Help!!!
Re: Reset sys or internal password [message #57326 is a reply to message #57325] Thu, 05 June 2003 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ctg
remove/rename your password file (ORACLE_HOMEDatabasePWD<sid>.ora) and recreate with the ORAPWD utility.
Re: Reset sys or internal password [message #57342 is a reply to message #57325] Fri, 06 June 2003 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
If they login as OS user with ORA_DBA group, they don't need INTERNAL password. They can connect w/o password.

Then changing the SYS password is simple:

SVRMGRL> ALTER USER sys IDENTIFIED BY <new_pass>;

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Reset sys or internal password [message #57382 is a reply to message #57342] Tue, 10 June 2003 13:43 Go to previous message
Maggie
No. They don't have OS user with ORA_DBA group. NT admin only created me a NT OS login with administrator privilege on NT OS. But it is nothing to do with Oracle DBA priviledge.
Previous Topic: how to free up the shared pool memory
Next Topic: colde back after Stop Oracle services or shutdown?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:25:56 CDT 2024