Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Urgent! Oracle 8.1.7 restore on Windows 2000
Urgent! Oracle 8.1.7 restore on Windows 2000 [message #57340] Fri, 06 June 2003 16:18 Go to next message
Tony
Hi,
I have been administering Solaris based oracle servers for a while. However recently we had to do a restore on one of our Windows 2000 Oracle 8.1.7 servers. The database is on archive log mode. We have a full online hot backup of the database for everyday and also daily full database exports. Restore doesn't have to be point in time. Any quick restore would do.
The online backup is done using brbackup. I am not familiar with the backup system. However I see all the data and control files I wanted. How do I manually restore the database to a working state? Currently the database service starts up, but when you try to connect it says "Oracle not available". REcovery manager is not used in the process. If its possible please direct me to any admin websites which has the full process for Windows 2000 Oracle restore.

Thanks
Re: Urgent! Oracle 8.1.7 restore on Windows 2000 [message #57341 is a reply to message #57340] Fri, 06 June 2003 16:51 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
For this restore you will need all the archived logs since the last hot backup. Also the current redo logs has to be present if you don't want to lose any data. If you don't have them, then restore the datafiles and archived logs into their locations (startup mount; select name from v$datafile;), then simple: recover database;

You will be asked to provide the archived logs. Hit <RETURN> to accept and that should do it.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: ORA-01536 space quota exceeded for tablespace 'PRINTCAT'
Next Topic: disabling access to users
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:25:06 CDT 2024