Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle certification time frame
oracle certification time frame [message #57898] Wed, 16 July 2003 14:36 Go to next message
shashi
Is there any time frame within which we have to finish all the ocp exams in oracle 8i,actually i have completed my 2 exams last year in august 2002 so should i have to complete with in this august.
Is there any chance of all the exams which i have already taken will become invalid, if i dont finish other 3 exams with in august 2003??
Please some body tell me more about this.

Warm regards
thanks a lot in advance
shashi
Re: oracle certification time frame [message #57901 is a reply to message #57898] Thu, 17 July 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
To be sure, check http://www.oracle.com/education/certification, but I don't think there's a predefined timeframe for this, other than the retirement of the tracke. But like I already mentioned, check their website first.

MHE
Re: oracle certification time frame [message #57904 is a reply to message #57898] Thu, 17 July 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay
In fact I am also in the same limbo. I have finished 4 and need to get 1 + upgrade to be certified for 8i. And then 1 more to get 9i. At least that is the goal.

I just got in touch with Oracle education and they mentioned that they have no intentions to retire the OCP8i anytime soon.

Cheers.

Here is the mail (their e-mail address is ocpexam_ww@oracle.com):--

Dear Sanjay,

Currently there are no plans to retire Oracle 8iDBA certification.

Regards,
OCP Program

Sanjay wrote:

> I go this e-mail from Yahoo groups.
>
> Is the OCP8i retiring anytime soon ?
>
> I have passed 4 and need to pass 2 more to get OCP8i (Mixed match). I am
> extremely busy with the corporate Upgrade to 9i and have side tracked my
> exams.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ---
> Sanjay Bajracharya
Re: oracle certification time frame [message #57964 is a reply to message #57898] Tue, 22 July 2003 23:33 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
Being OCP DBA - 8/8i/9i has to tell you - no such time limits. You have to complete the OCP before the program is retired. No plans yet for OCP DBA 8i going away...

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Installing oracle 8i in Redhat 7.3
Next Topic: Function based index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:33:28 CDT 2024