Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » big problem!!!
big problem!!! [message #59322] Wed, 12 November 2003 00:41 Go to next message
Fabio
Hello there,
i hope someone can help me..
A crash of the system damaged the disk of our oracle home and now we are forced to reinstall oracle.
The problem is that we had all the dbf and system files to another disk.
Now may i know how can i restore the old situation ?
May i install oracle and then restabilish the old situation?
Thanks a lot and sorry for my poor knowledge.
Best regards,
Fabio
Re: big problem!!! [message #59335 is a reply to message #59322] Wed, 12 November 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
If only your ORACLE_HOME is lost, you could reinstall Oracle (skipping the database creation) or copy from a different host with the same version (OS,Oracle)) and recreate any other database related files you stored in your ORACLE_HOME such as init/spfile ,password files,network config files(listener.ora,tnsnames.ora,sqlnet.ora etc).
In your new init.ora files,you will need to specify the location of the controlfiles,which then will identify the rest of your datafiles/logfiles etc .

HTH
Re: big problem!!! [message #59356 is a reply to message #59335] Thu, 13 November 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabio
Hi,
thanks for your reply....
I tried but i got the following error message Ora-01157 and Ora-01110 and the missing dbf is the temp01.
This is because the old administrator created the system tablespaces giving differente location.

Could you please help me ?
Best regards,
Fabio
Re: big problem!!! [message #59364 is a reply to message #59356] Thu, 13 November 2003 10:45 Go to previous message
Thiru
Is this the only missing file ?
If you are using Locally managed tempfiles for Temporary tablespace, you could just drop this tempfile and add it during the recovery.

Otherwise(ie if temp01 is a datafile used for your temporary tablespace), you could still take this file offline ,

startup mount;
alter database datafile 'path to temp01.dbf' offline;
alter database open;
drop tablespace temp including contents;
create tablespace temp 'new files';

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Restore-archive redo log
Next Topic: please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:29:08 CDT 2024